Located in the original 1865 bookings hall of Clare Railway Station, and only a short walk from the car park, Platform One is an atmospheric new café in the heart of the historic Clare Castle Country Park. Whether it’s a light lunch or a coffee to catch up with friends, you can always be sure of a warm welcome.
The interior of the café is in keeping with the original station and also features a cosy log burner to greet you on cold days. Outdoor seating is available. During the winter months well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome inside – at other times owners are asked to tie dogs up or sit with them outside (the canopy of the old station entrance gives some protection). Food and drinks are available to eat in or take away.
- Open 7 days a week.
Winter opening hours: Monday to Saturday 9am to 3/3.30pm; Sunday 10am to 3/3.30pm approx. Closing times may vary according to weather/daylight and park activity. Call 01787 277850 for bookings or to check opening times on the day.
- A relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- High quality, freshly made coffees, teas and a range of other hot and cold drinks
- Delicious light lunches and snacks including home-made soups, quiches, tarts and a range of vegetarian and gluten-free dishes
- Seating for about 25 customers within the café as well as a take-away facility from the north platform
- Bike racks for cyclists
- Disabled access, wheelchairs and toilet facilities at the café
- Highchairs available, children and well-behaved dogs are very welcome
Platform One… where a warm welcome is guaranteed!
The development of Platform One Café would not have been possible without the financial support of the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.