Located in the original 1865 bookings hall of Clare Railway Station, and only a short walk from the car park, Platform One is an atmospheric new café in the heart of the historic Clare Castle Country Park. Whether it’s a light lunch or a coffee to catch up with friends, you can always be sure of a warm welcome.
The interior of the café is in keeping with the original station and also features a cosy log burner to greet you on cold days. Outdoor seating is available. During the winter months well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome inside – at other times owners are asked to tie dogs up or sit with them outside (the canopy of the old station entrance gives some protection). Food and drinks are available to eat in or take away.
- Open daily throughout the year (9am to 4pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm on Sundays)
Call 01787 277850 for bookings. The café has been closed on Monday’s since late May but will revert to seven day opening on 9th July.
- A relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- High quality, freshly-made coffees, teas and a range of other hot and cold drinks
- Delicious light lunches and snacks including home-made soups, quiches, tarts and a range of vegetarian and gluten free dishes
- Seating for about 25 customers within the café as well as a take away facility from the north platform
- Bike racks for cyclists
- Disabled access and toilet facilities at the café
- High chairs available and children are very welcome
Platform One……. where a warm welcome is guaranteed!
The development of the Platform One Cafe would not have been possible without the financial support of the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development..